Thursday, June 25, 2009

9:22 am Still in LA, LAX airport

Only three hours in and we are already feeling the blessings. We arrived at LAX “late” according to Craig and “right on time” if you ask me. Yes, this made checking in a little hectic, the usual suspects: the frantic L.A. woman wearing crazy high heels, lots of makeup and on the run demanding that exceptions be made for her tardiness, the loud cell phone talker yelling at someone else for something they had no control over, and several others. But we made it to the gate and there was still a huge line waiting for us. We heard something over the loud speaker and I checked it out. Long story short, we took a bump in exchange for Delta flight vouchers, Business class ALL THE WAY TO DUBLIN, and restaurant vouchers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the airport. Only arriving 3 hours later in Dublin. AWESOME! Craig and I were so stoked and could only laugh at the extremely convenient inconvenience. How does that work anyway? I mean we all paid the same price for the same tickets right? So, why are some people guaranteed a seat and not others? We will make it a plan to figure out this strategy and use it to our advantage. (insert evil laugh)… Jennifer, I love you and I already miss you, I can’t wait to hear all about this next year when we return. I know God has great-I mean it-GREAT plans for you. I love you very much. Noelle, praying for you, don’t stress, I love you. Larissa, igh liebe digh. Jessica, you are already doing a great job being momma. I love you and I am so proud of you, take care of mom for me and when you hug her, give her a little nibble on the cheek from me.

3 comments:

  1. I can believe it! God is GREAT!!! Not even 5 hours into your tip and you already have amazing things happen! Love you two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! what an amazing blessing! What a great way to start off the trip! Thanks God! - Jeff & Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I'm having a nervous breakdown yet but I'm crying as I'm reading...

    P.S. I love the evil laugh insert.

    ReplyDelete