Sunday, June 28, 2009

Glendalough, Ireland


Sunday, June 28th, 2009



Today we took a train from Black Rock south down the ocean side to Phil and Cheryl’s place. They led us on a little adventure today. We were given a first class tour of Glendalough (Gleann Da Loch), which means “valley of two lakes”. In the 6th century, a vision inspired St. Kevin to give up his life of ascetic isolation and establish a monastery. He offset the austerity of monastic life by choosing one of Ireland’s most spectacular valleys in which to found Glendalough. Here are some pics. Phil and Cheryl were great tour guides sharing the exhaustive history of the site. They invited us to have dinner with them and some of their friends. Mariella ended the night playing music with the gathering. Tomorrow we rent a car for 8 days or so. Pray that I remain on the right…I mean correct side of the road. We will be on the road a while so we're not sure when we will have internet access to make a post.

3 comments:

  1. You guys are so amazing! Mud, I love how talented you are! Just to sit around playing music with your new friends leaves me speechless. I just love you! I can only pray that I will one day find love like you two have and travel the world with him. :o) I love you both so so much! Can't wait to hear about camping. xoxo

    ReplyDelete