Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fishing Trip

Saturday, September 12, 2009
So, the fishing trip was great fun and surreal, we were in an absolutely majestic landscape. A handful of fish were caught, but not nearly as many as expected. I fished with Trygve and Asle, Trygve is Crystal’s neighbor and he invited me to go fishing just last night. We set out a massive line composed of over 100 hooks…we caught about five fish and kept three, one of the ones thrown out was poisonous. The fishing was slow, but the scenery was mind-boggling. We fished below Asle’s parents house. The pictures are of the village where he grew up and where we fished. After baiting all the hooks we took the small boat out into the fjord to drop the line. After setting the line we trolled back to the dock and went up to the house for a cup of coffee and some greute (rice and milk-Norway’s version of oatmeal). After a couple hours we went back out to pull up the line. The fish were cleaned and will be smoked. After fishing we drove down the road to find out if Axle’s father had a successful deer hunt. It turns out his dad and friends shot more deer (eight) than we caught fish (five). I guess we should have gone hunting instead of fishing.

F.Y.I.:Dead deer are shown in the slide show. If your a Bambi lover you may not want to look at the photos.


1 comment:

  1. I don't mind pictures of dead deer but the very last photo was a dead deer staring at me and I didn't realize it was the last photo so I kept trying to click the next button and it just kept staring at me...weirded out.

    ReplyDelete