Tuesday, October 6, 2009

ANybody out there?

This is Mariella. Craig is asleep and I am sure he wouldn't let me do this if he was awake. If you read this blog, please post a comment for me, because somehow I feel ...como se dice...that we are no longer any fun :(. Anyone can comment, but be nice or else(Crystal). By the way, we are having a great time, except for when Chris (that's funny I accidentally just typed Christ instead of Chris, "yeah, well you know, then Christ skyped me..."-funny) skyped a minute ago and I picked it up and started talking and woke Craig up and it's 2am...ooops!
On Thursday we plan to leave Kaiserslautern and head to Slovenia to teach English at a camp our friends, Brad and Laurel, have set up. We are very much looking forward to it. This is so good for us, to be stuck with eachother and get annoyed and for me to learn how to fight without always crying, it's awesome. We are learning how to be buddies and everyday I feel that we are learning to understand eachother's language a little better, I guess this is part of that road, you know? We feel really blessed to have this opportunity and every now and again we look at eachother and think, what the heck are we doing? This is crazy. But, the best is yet to come.
By the way, a new really funny thing has started to happen. We have slept in so many different beds that every now and again I wake up and have no idea where I am, not like "who am I , where am I" kind of dreamy state, but a real "I know this is real life now, but I still don't know where I am" kind-it totally makes me giggle. Oh man, just think, we still have about 260'ish days left. Hey, we celebrated our 100th day on Oct 2nd-yay! Ok, it's waaaay past my bedtime now. Peace.

7 comments:

  1. hello, my name is mariella and i read this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too funny! I totally get you though with this: I love comments too! :) And I remember that feeling of closeness and "all we have is eachother" feeling. I totally miss it. Enjoy the next 260 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you know I read your blog. I totally know how you feel, though, about waking up and not knowing where you are. It happened to me when I was sailing for about a month. ((Funny side story) When I got back home, the first night I got up out of bed to pee and went flying across the room, landing face first sprawled on the floor. It felt like the room rocked, or someone shoved me. I still had "sea legs" I guess. Freaky! OK, back to the topic at hand. We are still living your adventure vicariously through your blog and pictures. Nancy was here the weekend and we looked at all the pix. So much fun. I don't know if you are aware how many photos you post of food. I crack up. It's great. Please pray for the Zachman. He is down with a nasty flu. Pray also that Axman doesn't get it. We are leaving for Maui, HI this Friday and they probably won't let us on a plane if either of them is sick. I will probably collapse the minute we get there. Way too busy with my own plans. Having a difficult time listening to/hearing God's plan for my days. It's like swimming upstream in mud. Ah well. It's a season. The teaching in Slovenia sounds great. You two are gifted communicators and especially with children. Sleep well. I am on my way home to try to get some rest before the sun, and Axel, rise. Love to you both. Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Beautiful Sister and My Favorite Brother...I am following you around the world! Your blog opens when i log into my computer at work. Its my daily routine to read it along with clocking in at work :) Shh! Don't tell the boss people :) Then i go home and look at Maryanne's world map and try to figure out where you are and where you are going. Please continue to share your journey and take lots of pictures of the food! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. whaaaaaaa?! of course i'd be nice. i'm the only one who reads and comments on this!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. i commented on facebook too... you guys have plans for the last weekend of the month!
    you're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you and miss you and your adventures look amazing and I love you and umm.....oh yeah, I miss you!

    and....Nakupenda!

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete