Saturday, July 4, 2009

In a field near Allihies, Ireland




So, I’ve lived in Southern California most all of my life. Now, perhaps there are places out there that are this beautiful and if so, I’ve yet to find them. Tonight we are camping in Allihies in the Beara Peninsula. We knocked on a door, asked if there was a tent camping site nearby, and were invited to pitch a tent on the land here by Martin and his wife, Tara. Now, I know Susan and Maryanne are this way, I’ve seen it for the last few months, but granted we don’t have “land” on which to allow strangers to set up camp, but this is amazing and totally foreign, in a great way, to me. The people here have continuously blown me out of the water with their generosity. We enjoyed walking along the coast and exploring the tide pools. The water is a crystal blue that you wouldn't believe. We spent the day exploring and I felt like a child again, later, on the walk back to the tent, we encountered some horses along the cliffs with a bathtub as a drinking basin. I'm sure you can imagine what came next and the pictures posted can explain the rest of that experience-AWESOME!

The tent is in the yellow fielded area. Thank you Martin & Tara and baby on the way:

From Ireland Road Trip, Allihies

2 comments: