Saturday, July 4, 2009

Three Castle Head

Reflecting on the events a couple days ago...

From Ireland Road Trip, Allihies


Thank you Jon for recommending a visit to Three Castle Head on the way up the coast. It was a little difficult to find because there were no posted signs. Luckily the locals were able to point us in the right direction. So we were out in the middle of nowhere winding through country roads and eventually we get to a dead end road overlooking the ocean. I start climbing around and notice the giant wench used years ago to pull boats up the mountain side. I am glad Jon told me to look for the giant crank. That was the only way we knew we were near the castle. The castle was nowhere to be seen. We asked a lady sitting at the edge of a road where the castle was. She said to walk over that mountain, then over a couple fences then walk along the coast. We trekked up and down and up and down eventually stumbling on the castle ruins. I was wishing my nephew Zach was with me to explore the castle with a wielded sword and shield. So Chris here are a couple more photos of castles. I will post more photos of doors at a later date.

3 comments:

  1. Believe me, guys, Zachary would love to be there with you playing knights of old. Happy Independence day! We miss you both. We had fun today and ate way too much good food. Mamacita is here with us as is Beckaroony. Love you guys, Auntie Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew this was a once in a lifetime opportunity but seriously... a bathtub on the cliffs of Ireland among friendly horses??? This is even better than I had imagined for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the castle pictures, but I am more interested in the giant wench that can pull boats up mountains. I think you meant winch... at least I hope you did. We miss you guys, but are enjoying our vicarious vacation through this blog.

    ReplyDelete