Monday, June 15, 2009

8 days left!

Well, those babies made it in time! Just last night Chris and Larissa had their number two, Jack. A week and 3 days ago Tony and Jessica had their first child, Luke. What a joy it was to be with both of these babies and to have had a chance to meet them before we take off, thank you God for answering prayers.

I can't believe it! I mean I am sure if you've spoken with me over the last few days you've already heard this, but really I just can't believe we are actually doing this crazy crazy thing. Perhaps that's due to my "here and now" attitude, I tend to be pretty great at being fully present in the moment, but if you want a planner, someone with forsight and direction-look to Craig. Regardless of our ability or inability to plan things out, the Lord has been ever present and ever so faithful to us. Just last week we met an awesome missionary couple from Ireland and we totally hit it off and had a hilarious time together, well a few days later this couple invited us to stay in their place (while they are here in the US) while we are in Irealnd...PRAISE GOD! His plans and provisions for us are far greater and exceed our expectations-why do we have the tendency to forget this stuff? Well, we know that God is with us and is paving the way before us, so this WILL be my comfort and Craig's comfort. Why is it that I fear whether or not God will provide even thought He has revealed Himself to me over and over again and provided for me EVERYDAY? God, I pray that this trip molds us. I pray that we would be used in whatever way we can be used to encourage and love people everywhere. Give us ears to hear and eyes to see your hurting and needy children. In your name, Amen.
Hold on tight guys, here we go!

Here are some pics of the babies, enjoy!
the black and white shot is jack, Chris & Larissa's baby and the color shot is Luke, Tony & Jessica's.

jack christopher & luke ryan (buddies to be)




1 comment: